It is good to recognize achievement, effort and service in all areas of school life. This is done one a regular basis through Assemblies but there will be an emphasis in the Graduation / Leavers’ Service on ‘whole year’ contributions.
ACADEMIC (OVERALL) AWARDS:
- Std. 13 ‘Scholar of the Year’: primarily achievement
- Std. 13 Effort: probably more than one
- Std. 13 Commendation: other high achiever(s)
- Std. 12 Commendation: high achiever(s) but recognition of effort
- Std. 11 Achievement
- Std. 11 Effort
- Std. 11 Commendation
There will be termly awards (achievement and effort) for Std. 10. In Middle School there will be termly awards for each class (along with regular ‘merits’). Junior School will give an annual award(s). These will be presented in their own Assemblies.
ACADEMIC (SPECIFIC) AWARDS – EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES.
In exceptional circumstances, and following a recommendation by a Head of Dept. and discussion in Management, an individual subject award may be made.
(all have their own citations)
- Sportsman of the Year
- Sportswoman of the Year
- Overall colours (optional)
- House Captains
- Student Council Executive
Leadership / responsibility: to recognize any outstanding parts played by Std. 13s with other responsibilities.‘Colours’ may be awarded.